- About Local Government
- Working in Councils
- Career Areas
- News and Stories
- Entry Level
Local Government has a vast and diverse property portfolio.
From airports, cemeteries and parking stations, to marinas and ports, the size and scope of our property portfolio offers interesting and challenging career opportunities, unique to Local Government.
Types of Roles:
Property Officers/ Coordinators/ Managers
Airport Services Officer/ Manager
Facilities Maintenance Officer
Handyman/ Caretaker/ Cleaner
What we do:
- Manage leases and license arrangements for Council’s property assets
- Manage Crown Land and Native Title (in some states)
- Manage road closures and road naming
- Maintain council property, including cemeteries
Educational requirements vary according to the role but degree qualifications appropriate for senior roles in this field include Property and Business (Property).
Vocational education and training (VET) qualifications that are relevant for some of these roles include:
- Diploma of Local Government
- Diploma of Property Services (Asset and Facility Management)
- Certificate III in Cemetery and Crematorium Operations
- Certificate II, III in Parks and Gardens
Some current Property vacancies
For more job vacancies, visit Jobs
Working in Councils
The scale and diversity of work on offer in Local Government is impressive as is the direct and positive impact this work has on the communities we serve.
Is council right for you?
Local Government’s 189,000 employees have many different skills and backgrounds, but together they share certain values and attributes that enable them to succeed at Council.