Closes: 01 Jan
Hourly Rate: Part Time: $25.65
(plus allowances and superannuation)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
We are currently looking for people who have a passion for and interest in working at the Orange Aquatic Centre.
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
About the Orange Aquatic Centre
A purpose built facility completed in 2012, the Aquatic Centre boasts many features including heated indoor and outdoor pools and diving facilities, as well as beach volleyball and basketball courts and a kiosk and Café area.
With an Austswim accredited swim school on site and open all year round, the Orange Aquatic Centre is a fantastic facility which stands out as an excellent environment to learn and enjoy one of life’s most important skills.
Council is currently looking for a reliable and self-motivated person to work within our Aquatic Centre team as a part time or casual lifeguard. This position requires you to:
- Undertake general lifeguard duties (including surveillance of the pool deck, responding to emergencies and providing first aid when required)
- Undertaking general cleaning duties (including cleaning of bathrooms, café area and change rooms);
- Assisting in the day to day operations of the Centre reception and Café (including meeting & greeting patrons and operating café equipment).
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the position description.
To be successful for this position, you will need:
- Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate (including CPR).
- Dedication to putting safety of others first and can be relied to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and easily adapt to situations.
- To be a team player and have exceptional communication skills with both staff and customers.
- To be able to work shifts according to a 7 day roster (Starting as early as 5am and finishing as late as 9pm)
Note: You will need a satisfactory criminal background check and Working With Children Check (please ensure that your current Working With Children Check number is listed on your resume).
To apply, please click Apply. There are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Aquatic Centre Manager, Iain Jones on (02) 6363 3004.
- Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.