Careers at Council
Be the voice of Local Government. The variety of work on offer means this is the perfect place to grow and develop your communications career.
Effective communication with residents and businesses is vital to our success. The work you do will encourage engagement and feedback which is essential to local area strategic planning, infrastructure planning and delivery of services to the community.
Local Government also recognises the importance of effective communication internally. You’ll work to provide well-planned internal communication to our employees, ensuring they’re informed and engaged.
What we do:
Ongoing Council initiatives include:
- Developing better websites with increased functionality
- Using social media effectively including council apps
- Strengthening media relations
- Creating new digitally-focused jobs in councils
Types of Roles:
Communications and Marketing Manager/Officer/Advisor
Community Engagement Officer
Social Media Officer
Digital Content Producer
Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Media or Marketing are generally required for communications roles.
Relevant vocational education and training (VET) qualifications for entry-level positions are:
- Certificate II, III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate IV, Diploma in Digital Media Technologies
- Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
- Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Some current Communication vacancies
The Universities Admission Centre
For more information about university courses visit The Universities Admission Centre.
For more information about VET courses and training providers visit My Skills.