Careers at Council
The diversity and size of Local Government’s property portfolio offers challenging and exciting career opportunities.
From airports and cemeteries right through to parking stations, ports and marinas, the scope and range of work on offer is impressive and unique to Local Government.
What we do:
- Manage leases and license arrangements for Council’s property assets
- Manage Crown Land and Native Title (in some states)
- Manage road closures and road naming
- Maintain council property, including cemeteries
Types of Roles:
Airport Services Officer
Facilities Maintenance Officer
Educational requirements vary according to the role but degree qualifications appropriate for senior roles in this field include Property and Business (Property).
Vocational education and training (VET) qualifications that are relevant for some of these roles include:
- Diploma of Property Services (Asset and Facility Management)
- Certificate III in Cemetery and Crematorium Operations
- Certificate II, III in Parks and Gardens