Care Service Employee – Nursing – Night Shift
Closes: 30 May
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven Illawarra is owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council. We offer a true continuum of aged care services and a wide range of disability services for people in the Illawarra region. We provide residential aged care, in-home support, disability support and coordination, community transport and independent living.
Blue Haven require passionate, qualified, and experienced professionals to join our organisation to support our aged care clients and residents. Blue Haven Bonaira services over 1,200 clients across Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Community Transport across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au/about-us/
The role of Care Service Employee (Nursing) is to provide personal care and social support to the residents at Blue Haven in accordance with accreditation standards.
We are currently seeking dedicated and committed Care Service Employees (Nursing) with experience working in the aged care sector and who are seeking to work night shifts on either a full-time, part-time basis or casual basis.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (previously known as Cert III Aged Care)
- First Aid Certificate (or ability to obtain one within first three months)
- Experience as a Care Service Employee (or similar) in aged care
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, residents and work in a team
- Ability to read and record information and to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of manual handling requirements
The successful candidates in these roles will be committed to providing quality personal care and social support to residents of Blue Haven in accordance with accreditation standards. In these roles you will also assist the facility to meet documentation requirements as outlined by the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI), whilst portraying the image of Blue Haven as being caring, courteous and efficient.
- Full time, Part time and Casual roles available, up to 38 hours hours per week
- Full time and part time role hourly rate of $23.73 to $26.73
- Casual hourly rate of $26.11 to $29.40 per hour inclusive of 10% casual loading
- Rates are dependent on qualifications, skills and experience
- Plus applicable penalty rates
- plus 10% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about these roles, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Karen Parkinson, Director of Care and Operations on 0448 528 512.
Closing Date: Ongoing applications will be accepted for these roles.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and residents. Applicants must ensure that they meet current Federal and NSW Public Health guidelines relating to vaccinations for Residential Aged Care Facilities. From 25 October 2021 successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.