Works Supervisor – Parks & Gardens
Closes: 24 Oct
Exciting Opportunity tailored for you
Permanent Full Time position located in Newman
The progressive Shire of East Pilbara, the largest local Government Authority in Western Australia, servicing the town sites of Newman, Marble Bar, Nullagine and local communities, is offering an exciting opportunity to work for a visionary Chief Executive Officer.
Join the journey to creating the incredible as our Works Supervisor – Parks & Gardens. In this position you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the Parks and Gardens team to consistently deliver parks, ovals, gardens, recreation and other landscape infrastructure to an acceptable level of service to the Shire and the community.
You will have:
- Minimum Cert IV in Horticulture or equivalent trade certificate and/or substantial related experience demonstrating equivalent knowledge and expertise (landscaping, irrigation, nursery practice, grounds maintenance and turf management, grafting, propagating, integrated weed/ pest control management programs, plant cultivation etc);
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate shire plant, equipment and vehicles (Trucks, Forklift, EWP and bobcat, mowers and whipper snipper etc) and possess relevant competency certificates;
- Current MR Class Driver’s Licence (WA) or equivalent or ability to obtain;
- Current White/Blue Card;
- Demonstrated leadership, employee management and supervisory skills to lead and motivate field staff to achieve effective outcomes;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in landscape construction, grounds maintenance and turf management. Including nursery practice, plant cultivation and chemical handling;
- Experience in irrigation installation and maintenance of systems that use scheme water and/or recycled reuse treated effluent water;
- Sound working knowledge of Worksafe WA requirements in relation to maintaining a safe work environment;
- Demonstrated experience in daily budget planning and expenditure control, including preparing and costing for projects, maintenance programs, and staff allocation costing;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work, unsupervised in remote locations;
- Proven problem solving skills, including ability to make autonomous decisions and allocate resources within the scope of the classification of the role, and prepare and implement daily/seasonal work schedules;
- Developed customer and public communication relationship skills.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary between $61,962.16 and $66,902.16 (noting that the Shire is currently conducting a market review of pay rates), plus….
- 5% Employer Superannuation Contribution (subject to employee matching contribution), plus….
- Subsidised housing and utilities OR Living Allowance up to $20k per annum, plus….
- Parental Leave, eligibility for Long Service Leave and Professional Development, plus….
- 5 weeks Annual Leave plus one Rostered Days Off every 19 working days, plus….
- Discount on gym, recreation and aquatic centre memberships, plus…
- So much more!
Make this role your own in the heart of the Pilbara where the extraordinary happens. Join a Team working with passion and purpose aimed at proactively achieving the Shire’s Vision and Objectives while living its values of Leadership with HEART - Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
To Apply: Please submit a current Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential Criteria in up to three pages via our website: http://www.eastpilbara.wa.gov.au/about-us/employment-opportunities where the Application Package along with the Position Description can also be downloaded. If you are unable to apply via our website, please submit your application by emailing email@example.com.
The Shire of East Pilbara is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of our services. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
For enquiries relating to the application or recruitment process, please contact: People & Culture Business Partner on (08) 9175 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For role specific enquiries, please contact: Bevan Klein by telephone on: (08) 9175 8000.
Applications close at 4:00 pm, 29 July 2022, however the Shire reserves the right to appoint the right applicant to this position prior to the closing date - Canvassing of Councillors or Selection Panel Members will disqualify