Work Health Safety Business Partner
Closes: 29 May
- Want to take the next step in your career?
- Here’s your chance to drive a proactive WHS and Injury Management Culture
About the role
This position undertakes the day-to-day operational aspects of the implementation and running of Council’s WHS Management System and provides guidance, support and advice to managers and staff. The WHS Business Partner will manage injury claims and return to work planning and will also be responsible for proactively promoting and influencing the safety culture across the organisation.
Joining a high performing team of safety professionals, the WHS Business Partner will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS or a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in driving WHS objectives across a broad workforce
- The ability to influence at all levels, through consultation and engagement
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to document WHS policies and procedures
- Return to work Coordination experience
- Prior experience in the civil construction industry or local government environment in a similar role is highly desirable
Your high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once, will prove essential to your success in this role.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- Whilst this is a 35-hour a week role, we encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work life balance.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- Significant scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
Starting salary of $87K plus superannuation
All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council's Enterprise Agreement and the NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council’s Careers page and close 9pm AEST on the closing date. Applications submitted via Seek or any other platform will not be accepted.
- More details about the role can be found on Council's Careers page by clicking on Download PD
For any enquiries, please contact Geoff Stokes – Team Leader Work Health Safety
E: Geoffrey.email@example.com P: 02 6648-4264
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background