Wagga Wagga City Council
Water Reclamation Operator
Closes: 04 Mar
We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced individual to join Council's Water Reclamation team to provide operational expertise in the operations and running of the sewage treatment plants around Wagga Wagga.
- One (1) permanent full-time position available
- Remuneration of $2,620.62 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $3,144.74 gpf + superannuation
- Access to Councils nine (9) day fortnight arrangement
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous leave entitlements
Your new role:
In this role, you will assist the Senior Water Reclamation Operator to ensure high quality maintenance and day to day operation of Council’s sewage treatment plants including effluent reuse, bio-solids management and associated infrastructure and services.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain Council’s sewage treatment plants at the Bomen Industrial Sewage Treatment Facility, and the Narrung Street and Kooringal Sewage Treatment Plants.
- Support the Senior Water Reclamation Operator to undertake timely intervention, adjustments, and improvement processes to prevent environmental harm and Licence breaches.
- Undertake sample collection and analysis for plant optimisation.
- Participate in on-call rostering arrangements and attend out of hours call outs.
- Complete documentation relevant to the role.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Qualifications relevant to the role such as a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (Wastewater Treatment) and/or Certificate of Completion - Advanced Wastewater Treatment Operations (NSW Department of Planning, Industries and Environment).
- Substantial experience in sewage treatment plant operations, weed spraying, pipeline laying/fitting/welding.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff and contractors is highly desirable.
- Experience operating small plant (e.g. lawn mower, bobcat, trencher, tractor)
In accordance with Work Health and Safety legislation applicants are required to be vaccinated and provide evidence for Hepatitis A; Hepatitis B and Q-Fever.
What is next?
Applications close Sunday, 3 March 2024 at 11.59pm AEDST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 11 March 2024.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Stephen McKay on 02 6926 9465.
For further information, please visit https://wagga.pulsesoftware.com/Pulse/jobs
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, veterans, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.