Waste Collection Labourer
Closes: 06 Jun
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an opportunity for a self-motivated and hardworking individual to join the Waste Management team in the role of Waste Collection Labourer.
As the Waste Collection Labourer, you will be responsible for cleaning, maintaining and servicing the Bathurst city streets and litter bins. This includes but is not limited to, clearing of litter and litter bins daily, repairing damaged bins and ensuring that other public areas are cleaned at appropriate intervals. Relief duties with the Waste Collection team on the garbage run and assisting with the maintenance of Waste Management Centre is also a requirement of this position.
The successful candidate will take pride in keeping our town clean and tidy and will have a reasonable level of fitness as this role requires constant walking and standing.
- Current Class C NSW Driver's Licence
- Basic knowledge of waste management procedures
- Ability to deal with a variety of people within the community to achieve successful outcomes
- Physical fitness to undertake the requirements of the job
- Proven experience with lawn mower, ride-on mower and brush cutter
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Good manual handling technique
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $888.50 to $931.16 per week + Adverse working allowance of $44.20 per week + Super
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday, 5 June 2022, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Jenni Cartwright - 0417 065 578
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.