Warrumbungle Shire Council
Warrumbungle Water Technical Officer
Closes: 03 Dec
Department: Warrumbungle Water
Reports to: Manger Warrumbungle Water
Salary Range: $1,077 - $1,229 per 35 hour week + superannuation
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
This position is located in Coolah. Situated on the picturesque Coolaburragundy River and nestled in a valley of the Liverpool Range, the town is surrounded by undulating hills and fertile river flats and is an attractive service town for the surrounding agricultural district. Only an hour south east of Coonabarabran and close to major centres, and with the nearby Coolah Tops National Park offering rugged natural beauty and adventure, Coolah delivers the best of country living.
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Benefits of working for Council
Council are committed to creating a positive working environment and offer a range of benefits for staff, including
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Monthly RDO
- Support for training and professional development
- Salary Packaging options to maximise your take-home pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous uniform allowance
This position is responsible for the recording, interpreting of and reporting on water and sewer operational data. The implementation of Council’s Liquid Trade Waste Policy within the 2009 Liquid Trade Waste Regulation forms also part of the duties of the job holder as well as the provision of annual water and wastewater reports to the EPA, DPIE and NSW Health. The position also provides technical support to the Manager Warrumbungle Water and the Supervisors for Treatment and Reticulation, including timely provision of information to the Manager and other tasks as required.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations and/or relevant experience and knowledge of water and wastewater services and supply
- Demonstrated good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated good analytical and organisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and unsupervised
- Demonstrated ability to:
- use spreadsheet program/s
- understand and use basic spreadsheet formulas
- accurately enter data
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence.
- Certificate IV Water Industry Operations (Liquid Trade Waste) and/or successful completion of Department of Industry’s Liquid Trade Waste Regulation course
- OHS Construction Induction Certificate (“whitecard”)
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 3 December 2023.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.
How to apply
Please provide sufficient detail in your answers to the questions as this information is used to assess your suitability for interview.
- Scroll down and complete the fields below. Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk* are mandatory.
- Click ‘Next’
- Attach your resume, covering letter and copies of your qualifications
- Click ‘Next’
- Review your application and click ‘Confirm’ to submit your completed application
You will receive an email acknowledgement to confirm receipt of your application. You will receive email notifications regarding the status of your application. It is important that you regularly check your email to ensure you do not miss any notifications from Council. It is also recommended that you check your spam or junk folder and consider adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to ensure you do not miss any correspondence in regard to your application.