Treatment Plant Operator
Closes: 31 May
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens and town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff which may include:
- rostered day off schemes
- flexible work arrangements
- salary packaging
- staff development and award programs.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic individual to operate, control, maintain and report on the performance of Bega Valley Shire Council sewerage treatment and Water Treatment plants to ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements and Strategic Business Plan objectives.
As a Treatment Plant Operator, you will undertake sewage treatment plant and water treatment plant operations and maintenance activities and assist with the development and implementation of techniques and methods of process control which increase plant performance and efficiency. You will also assist with implementation of systems to monitor, control and document treatment plant operational performance as well as participate in emergency and unscheduled work associated with water treatment plants and sewage treatment plants.
We are seeking an individual who holds a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations (NWP30215) or equivalent level qualifications suitable to the role and has a General Construction Induction – White Card.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated practical experience and capability in water treatment plant and/or sewerage treatment plant operations and maintenance. (Indicative 3 years’ experience).
- Knowledge of the NSW Government Regulatory environment associated with sewage treatment and drinking water treatment.
- Well-developed written, verbal and computer literacy skills, including skills in the interpretation of engineering plans, specifications and quality systems.
- An understanding of water quality matters including an understanding of Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) and NSW EPA regulatory requirements.
This is a permanent full-time position working 38 hours per week. Remuneration is $1168.30 per week, plus 10% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Wouter VanderMerwe, Treatment Plant Operations Superintendent on 02 6499 2379.
Applications close 11.30pm AEST on 30 May 2022.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, currently mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.