Closes: 04 Jun
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in career in Horticulture. This is an opportunity to learn all aspects of maintaining vegetation, gardens, and recreational facilities throughout the Ballina Shire, including the operation and maintenance of equipment and tools. We are looking for a motivated, committed, and reliable person who is wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training and a Certificate II in Horticulture.
If you are looking to start a new career in your local area, get the ball rolling and apply now!
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates council’s values: creative, accessible, respect, energetic, safe.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform general labouring and maintenance duties.
- Year 10 Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Construction Industry Induction ticket (white card) or ability to obtain.
- Class C driver licence desirable, with the capability to operate a manual transmission.
- A commitment to the principles and practices of work health and safety.
- Presents a positive image of the council to the public.
This trainee position is engaged by Council through Group Training Organisation, Novaskill. Applications need to be made directly to Novaskill - refer to the 'How to apply' section below.
11.30pm on Friday 3 June 2022
Novaskill Group Training Team | 02 6600 3000 | Recruitment@novaskill.com.au
Further information can be found on Novaskill's webpage.
How to apply
PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE BELOW APPLICATION FOR THIS TRAINEESHIP POSITION. The recruitment process for this position is managed by Group Training Organisation, Novaskill. Applications must be made directly to Novaskill - APPLY NOW.