Technical Assistant – Water and Wastewater (Contract)
Closes: 20 May
The position provides administrative and technical support to operational areas of the unit, to support the efficient and effective operation of the team in a dynamic, changing environment.
It includes the collection, collation and entry of data in relation to applications for connection to the water and sewerage networks.
Duties also include the provision of information and customer service to individuals and businesses over the phone, and face to face, on details specific to their applications. As well as the maintenance of Council's database of liquid trade waste customers, collection and recording of asset and performance data, as well as electronic and hardcopy records.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,047.37 per week with competency based increments up to $1,200.01 per week, plus 10% super
- Maximum-term contract - 14 Months
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Certificate III qualification or equivalent in a relevant trade or administrative field
- Minimum 2 years experience collating data and information
- Working knowledge of a Council’s functions relating to water and sewerage connections, water billing and water loss management
- Demonstrated competence in MS Office products including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated high level of communication and customer service skills
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- Tweed Heads is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Tweed Heads, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 20 May 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
How To Apply
Please note: You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. A level of literacy, numeracy and general education associated with Year 12 or equivalent education.
2. Certificate III qualification or equivalent in a relevant trade or administrative field.
3. Minimum 2 years’ experience collating data and information.
4. Demonstrated ability to prepare reports based on information in a technical field.
5. Demonstrated experience in the application of MS Office products including Word and Excel with an emphasis on the development and use of spreadsheets.
6. Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
7. Working knowledge of a Council’s functions relating to water and sewerage connections, water billing and water loss management.
8. Demonstrated experience or knowledge of Liquid Trade Waste management as it relates to the position.
9. Experience working in a regional Local Government authority in a related field.
10. Prior experience with Enlighten GIS software, Technology One Property Management and document registration systems.
OFFICE USE ONLYPublish LI #LI-DNI