Team Leader Community Capacity Building (#137)
Closes: 09 Jul
Team Leader Community Capacity Building
The Shire of East Pilbara is recruiting for a critical role within the organisation!
Permanent Full Time position located in Newman with Subsidised Accommodation Provided
Join the progressive Shire of East Pilbara – the largest Local Government Authority in Western Australia, servicing the town sites of Newman, Marble Bar, Nullagine and local communities.
An exciting leadership opportunity is now available within the Community Services team. The Team Leader Community Capacity Building takes the lead responsibility for the efficient coordination and supervision of the section’s overall administration functions, facilitation of various community consultation forums and undertaking project management of community development, arts and cultural programs and activities. This position will appeal to candidates who desire to foster an environment of teamwork and positive work practices, whilst ensuring a high level of customer service is provided and organisational objectives are achieved.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social sciences or similar, or relevant work experience in similar roles resulting in the same level of knowledge and skill;
- Proven experience working with community groups and organisations;
- Demonstrated the ability to undertake community consultation and engagement;
- Demonstrated project and event management experience including, project development, coordination and administration, budgetary and timeline management;
- Experience in the supervision and support of staff;
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety requirements;
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with strong customer management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Possess initiative and the ability to work unsupervised within a small team environment;
- A Current 003 Provide First Aid Certificate or ability to obtain; and
- A valid “C” Class Driver’s License.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary range between $73,455.20 and $79,195.20 (the Shire is currently conducting market reviews of pay rates); plus…
- Subsidised Accommodation provided or Living Allowance of up to $20,000; plus…
- Additional 5% Employer Superannuation Contribution (subject to Employee Contribution); plus…
- Relocation expenses up to $15,000.00; plus…
- Annual Uniform Subsidy/provision; plus…
- Annual Leave Travel Assistance; plus…
- Parental Leave, eligibility for Long Service Leave and Professional Development.
Make this role your own in the heart of the Pilbara where extraordinary happens. Experience the Magic! Join a Team working with passion and purpose aimed at proactively achieving the Shire’s Vision and Objectives while living its values of Leadership with HEART - Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
To Apply: Please submit a current Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential Criteria in up to three pages via our website: http://www.eastpilbara.wa.gov.au/about-us/employment-opportunities where the Application Package along with the Position Description can also be downloaded. If you are unable to apply via our website, please submit your application by emailing email@example.com.
The Shire of East Pilbara is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of our services. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
For enquiries relating to the application or recruitment process, please contact: Wina Kumar – People and Culture Business Partner on (08) 9175 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org For role specific enquiries, please contact: Nikki Montgomery – A/Manager Community Wellbeing, on (08) 9175 8000
Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close at 4:00 pm on 8 July 2022 however the Shire reserves the right to appoint the right applicant to this position prior to the closing date - Canvassing of Councillors will disqualify
Steven Harding - Chief Executive Officer