Closes: 29 Aug
- Band 3A + 25% $39.16 per hour + Super
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the Yarra Leisure Aquatic Programs team as Swim Instructors. The role of Swim Instructor will allow you to contribute to the delivery and ongoing development of aquatic programs within the City of Yarra’s Leisure Services division including learn to swim, squad and other specialty aquatic based programs.
We have two core programs – School Swimming 9:30am-2:30pm, and After School Swimming 3:30pm-7:00pm, and as such we are seeking staff with availability during school, after school, and weekends.
The industry is seeing unprecedented demand for swimming lessons and our program is continuing to grow over time in response to our ever-growing community.
Benefits of working at Yarra Leisure:
- Free Staff Membership and access to facilities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Ongoing extension qualification opportunities including CPR updates, Teacher of People with a Disability, Teacher of Infant and Toddler and more
- Industry best practice training and development program
- Being part of a diverse and energetic team living the Yarra Values of Accountability, Respect and Courage
- Working in the vibrant City of Yarra with ability to work at three sites including Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool, Richmond Recreation Centre
Applicants must hold a current Teacher of Swimming and Water Certificate from a Registered Provider and CPR qualification or be willing to obtain both.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide efficient and effective instruction to Yarra Leisure Aquatic Program participants.
- Establish good communication with all Yarra Leisure patrons, participants and Yarra Leisure staff.
- Perform all work processes in accordance with the Yarra Leisure Aquatic Programs and all Yarra Leisure policies and procedures.
In your application please note that the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For further information please contact Learn to Swim Team Leader, Heidi Petropoulos on 9205 5522.
Applications close on Sunday 28 August 2022.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
*This position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check and full Covid-19 Vaccination status prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.