Support Worker – Casual
Closes: 05 Jun
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven Illawarra is owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council. We offer a true continuum of aged care services and a wide range of disability services for people in the Illawarra region. We provide residential aged care, in-home support, disability support and coordination, community transport and independent living.
Blue Haven require passionate, qualified, and experienced professionals to join our organisation to support our aged care clients and residents. Blue Haven Bonaira services over 1,200 clients across Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Community Transport across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au/about-us/
As a Support Worker you will be required to provide in home support to older people and their carers, including personal care, grooming, respite care, transport, domestic duties, social activities and medication monitoring. Our Support Workers are a key contact in the lives of the people we support. They are responsible for monitoring a client's progress, reporting any concerns or changes and documenting accurate and relevant information in client files in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Grade 2 – Currently working towards Certificate III in Individual Support (Community Services, Aged Care or Disabilities), or
- Grade 3 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Community Services Aged Care or Disabilities)
- Class C Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable, roadworthy, fully insured vehicle
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to positively engage with clients, their carers’, families and the wider community
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Experience working unsupervised, one on one with clients in a home care environment
- Experience providing person-centred and strength-based practices
- To be a team player
- To be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling and behaviour support plans
- The majority of our client services occur between the hours of 7am to 7pm, however we do offer services to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Grade 2 rate is from $29.96 to $31.28 per hour inclusive of 25% casual loading (depending on skills and experience)
- Grade 3 rate is from $30.60 to $32.27 per hour inclusive of 25% casual loading (depending on skills and experience)
- On call or after hours shifts available
- Penalties and allowances in accordance with the Award
- Plus 10% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Employees in this role are required to have a reliable, roadworthy and fully insured vehicle and a smart phone is recommended for this role.
Contact: Alana Lord, Team Leader on 4203 4952.
Closing Date: Ongoing applications will be accepted for this role.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and residents. Applicants must ensure that they meet current Federal and NSW Public Health guidelines relating to vaccinations for In Home and Community Aged Care. From 25 October 2021 successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.