Closes: 09 Jul
- Based in Bannockburn - an easy drive from Geelong, Ballarat and Melbourne with free onsite parking
- Permanent full time role with opportunity to grow
- Salary starting from $84,891 (dependant on experience) + super
Golden Plains Shire Council provides a workplace where people matter, communities are connected, and the future is bright. We offer a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen and enrich our diverse and growing community.
To continue to deliver for our community, we are seeking a methodical, outcomes focused individual who are able to work in a supporting team environment to achieve the team’s goal of being the best in the State.
This role will provide you the opportunity to:
- Examine and assess planning applications for the use, development and subdivision of land and report to Council with recommendations.
- Undertake the activities of the statutory planning role in a professional, time efficient and customer focussed manner.
- Contribute positively to a team approach to the Planning activities.
- Provide input into policy development and performance targets of the Unit.
- Contribute to the development of the Unit’s objectives, as well as the corporate goals of Council.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Completed your tertiary qualification in land use planning or a related discipline that meets the requirements of membership to the Planning Institute of Australia.
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team and be comfortable liaising with members of the community on a range of matters.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of town planning and development implications with experience in statutory planning;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of the principles of excellence in customer service; and
- Ability to contribute and work effectively in a team environment.
A career with us
Our people are our most valued asset - we understand the importance of providing a rewarding, inclusive and supportive work environment where all people are empowered to bring their best selves.
- learning and development opportunities aligned to your role and aspirations, along with opportunities to work on a variety of projects and undertake secondments
- flexible work arrangements and generous leave entitlements to empower you to achieve better life/work balance
- a new high-quality, architectural designed working environment and free onsite parking
- an environment where health, safety and wellbeing are prioritised in all that we do
- an active Social Club
If you are ready to carve out a future with Golden Plains Shire Council and are ready to join a values driven and community focused organisation, we look forward to hearing from you.
For further information about the role and the key selection criteria, please view the Position Description or, for a confidential discussion, contact Leanne Wilson, Manager Development and Regulatory Services on 03 5220 7124 or 0409 800 779.
How to apply
Please submit your application by completing the form below and attaching a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and current resume.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you. Please contact our People & Development team at email@example.com to discuss how we can best support you.
Applications close on Friday 8 July 2022 at 5.00pm
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.