Closes: 29 May
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
We are seeking a highly skilled Solutions Architect to play a leading role in delivering complex projects, providing advice on technical solutions and guiding our Solutions team to deliver effectively.
The Solutions Architect will support business initiatives and strategic efforts that focus on building and leveraging information assets to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Council's service activities through solutions and applications. This position is responsible for leading a team of Solution Specialists that will focus on key solutions process, workflow, continuous improvement and championing these within their area of focus and expertise.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Extensive technical experience and knowledge of TechnologyOne solutions
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- The ability to solve complex business and technical problems
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Strong design and architectural skills and have proven record in building scalable systems
- Strong skills in building relationships and leading teams
- A deep understanding of industry challenges and opportunities
- Flexible arrangements - hybrid working arrangements available
- Work in a state-the-art office building
- Professional development opportunities
So if you are looking for a role where you can make an impact through the application of your technical knowledge and exceptional leadership skills we would love to hear from you!
The package: Salary range circa $110,000 - $120,000 p.a. plus superannuation (depending on skills and experience). Option of a leaseback vehicle will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your question responses in a separate Word document and once complete, copy each response to the relevant question on the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Chris Green, Manager Information Technology on 02 7955 7152.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Corinne Matlawski, Senior Huma Resources Business Partner on 02 7955 7275.
Closing date: Sunday 29 May 2022 at 11.30 pm.