Senior Services Engineer and Technical Roles (Water & Sewer)
Closes: 01 Jun
- Are you an Engineering professional looking to step into an impactful role? Multiple opportunities available!
- Earn between $65,000 - $94,957 + super, relocation assistance, and other awesome council benefits!
- Enjoy work/life balance with an RDO every 3 weeks, career progression opportunities, and more.
PLAY AN EXCITING ROLE IN MOREE'S HISTORY!
Moree Plains Shire Council has welcomed the NSW Government’s momentous $194 million infrastructure investment for the Moree Special Activation Precinct! The NSW Government’s $194 million commitment represents one of the single largest investments in the history of our Shire! As a result, two major projects are now underway: Inland Rail and Special Activation Precinct - which are set to create tremendous growth for the Shire.
The expected population increase will lead to a greater need for houses and water infrastructure. Endorsed by Council, the Local Housing Strategy has predicted that up to 600 new homes could be needed over the next 10 years to meet projections. For the Water and Sewer Services team, these projects mean an estimated 15% increase in demand for water, as well as the establishment of infrastructure for all the new properties.
As part of this growth we now have the following junior and senior opportunities:
SENIOR SERVICES ENGINEER (WATER & SEWER)
Permanent full-time opportunity earning circa $75,160 to $94,957 (inclusive of super & commensurate with qualifications & experience) + negotiable relocation assistance up to $5,000 + fantastic room for growth!
Accountable - Leader - Scalable Goal-Setter - Morale Booster!
Responsibilities: You will be primarily responsible for the sustainability of the Council’s Water and Sewer Infrastructure. You will also be responsible for traveling to various locations across the Shire and assisting in the day-to-day maintenance, supervision, and coordination of Council’s Water and Sewerage reticulation and treatment services to ensure compliance with Water Quality Guidelines, Department of Environment & Conservation Guidelines and State Legislation (DECCW, NoW, WorkCover, WH&S, etc.)
Core Duties: providing input into the ongoing review of the Council’s long-term financial plan and delivery program/operational plan; ensuring the implementation of sound risk practices in accordance with the Council’s policies; attending promptly to enquiries from customers, Councillors, and other staff; working with the Council’s Asset Management Team to facilitate effective asset management in the Water and Sewer Division; and openly communicating with Office of Environment & Heritage (OEH) officers with respect to auditing/licenses.
- A tertiary qualification at degree level in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Resource Management. Candidates who possess a tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering will be at a distinct advantage. It is important to note that we are open to applications from graduates.
- Experience in a water/sewer role and understanding of an Engineer's role within a Local Government context. Familiarity with construction techniques will help you succeed in this role. Additionally, technical skills and knowledge of water treatment, management, and project management are essential.
- You will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, allowing you to effectively liaise with relevant stakeholders. The preferred applicant will be able to display and apply strong organisational and problem solving skills. The ability to assess and provide clear judgment when preparing high-quality documentation in line with legislation is crucial.
- Initiative, autonomy, and collaboration skills will see you thrive in this role. A high level of computer literacy and an unrestricted driver's license is essential.
For more information, please view the position description, here.
TECHNICAL OFFICER & TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
Technical Officer: earn circa $75,160 (inclusive of super & commensurate with qualifications and experience) + abundant room for professional development! Potential relocation assistance up to $2,500.
Initiative - Technically-Minded - Frequent Travel
Alongside the Senior Water Services Engineer and Technical Assistant, you will work diligently to help the Water & Sewer Services Team achieve its goals. You will bring a minimum of a relevant Diploma &/OR significant demonstrable experience and an unrestricted driver's license. You will be comfortable driving frequently to sites, assisting with the above activities.
For more information, please view the position description, here.
Technical Assistant: earn circa $66,334 (inclusive of super & commensurate with qualifications and experience) + abundant room for professional development! Potential relocation assistance up to $2,500.
Collaborating with the Technical Officer & Senior Water Services Engineer, you will work diligently to help the Water & Sewer Services Team achieve its goals. You will bring a minimum of a relevant Certificate IV &/OR demonstrable experience and an unrestricted driver's license. You will be comfortable driving frequently to sites, assisting with the above activities.
Both Engineering Graduates looking to kick-start their career or Experienced Engineers ready to take their role to the next level are encouraged to apply!
Please note: these roles require complete COVID-19 vaccination. For more information, please view the position description here.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
As a valued Council member, gain access to an outstanding range of additional benefits, including:
- Uniform allowance;
- Relocation assistance (up to $5,000);
- Access to Salary Sacrifice;
- RDO every 3 weeks, and;
- A vehicle for work purposes
Additionally, you will benefit from many professional development opportunities. If you can identify a role-specific skill you wish to improve, Council will provide support throughout your training!
Moree Plains Shire Council’s mission is to lead the way in fostering a healthy, positive and well-resourced community. Council is recognised as an Employer Of Choice and is committed to providing employees with a happy and healthy working life experience in order to foster a productive workforce.
There are a number of exciting projects happening in Moree that offer great transformational potential for the community. These projects include the Special Activation Precinct and Inland Rail which aim to create sustainable jobs, attract business and investors, and drive economic growth. These intricate growth and development plans will provide a real legacy that we can leave for our future generations.
Nestled on the New South Wales and Queensland border, Moree is rich in culture, heritage, agriculture, and natural assets. Each component intertwines to define the characteristics of both the town and the community. The Shire provides a family-friendly lifestyle, affordable housing, and plenty of infrastructures, including cafes, restaurants, art galleries, and more. The opportunities and possibilities in Moree are endless.
Please note: It is essential that you hold, or are willing to obtain, a WH&S General Construction Induction Card and a Class C Drivers Licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle. Candidates must also be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level - Apply Now!