Registered Nurse – Night Shift
Closes: 29 May
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council and offers a true continuum of aged care services and disability services for people in the local region; including in-home support, community groups and programs, independent living and residential aged care.
It is an exciting time to join our dedicated team as our brand new state of the art facility; Blue Haven Bonaira, provides the highest standard of seniors living, aged care and community facilities including a 134 bed residential aged care facility and 58 independent living units. If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au.
The role of Registered Nurse is to provide safe, compassionate, person-centred care delivered in collaboration with residents, families, carers and colleagues to achieve identified outcomes and goals with the mission statement and values of Blue Haven.
Blue Haven is seeking dedicated and committed registered nursing professionals with experience working in the aged care sector and who are seeking to work night shifts on either a full-time, part-time basis or casual basis.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be qualified to work as a Registered Nurse with current Authority to Practice with APHRA
- Demonstrated application of evidence-based practice and critical thinking related to resident care
- Demonstrated ability to apply and share professional knowledge to enhance resident care
- Experience delivering aged care within ethical boundaries
- Experience in advocating, planning and implementing individualised person-centred care.
As a Registered Nurse you will have a passion for working with the elderly. You will also have a strong customer focus to deliver a high quality of efficient and effective person-centred care which meets the needs of residents, their families and carers.
- Full time, part time and casual roles available, up to 38 hours per week
- Full time and part time hourly rate from $31.77 to $44.28
- Casual hourly rate from $34.94 to $48.71 inclusive of 10% casual loading
- Plus applicable penalty rates
- Plus 10% superannuation
- Rate is dependent on qualifications, skills and experience
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Karen Parkinson, Director of Care and Operations on 0448 528 512.
Closing Date: Ongoing applications will be accepted for these roles.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and residents. Applicants must ensure that they meet current Federal and NSW Public Health guidelines relating to vaccinations for Residential Aged Care Facilities. From 25 October 2021 successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.