Ranger x 2
Closes: 29 May
About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Ranger team. Council’s Rangers must provide a high standard of customer service to our community while effectively implementing Council’s regulatory functions. The position is predominantly responsible for ensuring certain controls are implemented under the Companion Animals Act 1998, Local Government Act 1993, Impounding Act 1993 and Australian Road Rules 2014.
The position is full time (38 hours per week) with an RDO every 3 weeks. The position is required to work some weekends and be available to perform on call duties on a rostered basis.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated competence in animal care and control, dealing with difficult customers. Flexibility and willingness to work as a part of a team are critical to the role.
- Class C NSW Driver’s Licence
- HSC or equivalent work experience in a relevant industry
- Knowledge of compliance and enforcement matters in a Local Government context in particular the Road Rules Act 2014, Companion Animals Act 1998 and Impounding Act 1993
- Ability to read and understand, apply and enforce legislation, policies and guidelines
- Ability to carry out investigations and collect evidence from a variety of sources to use in determining a suitable course of action
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including demonstrated conflict resolution, consultation, negotiation and customer service skills
- Well-developed written communication skills, including the ability to complete forms, maintain records and write investigative reports or similar documents in support of legal prosecutions
- Demonstrated experience in animal handling
- Proven ability to work unsupervised.
This position requires a criminal history check and a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1279.00 to $1343.74 per week + super + on call allowance (when applicable)
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with a RDO every third week and on-call duties on a rotating roster.
Application closing date: Sunday, 29 May 2022, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Anna Stapleton - 6333 6268
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.