Closes: 20 Aug
Division: Planning & Place
Business Unit: Environmental Compliance
Title: Ranger, Permanent - Full-time Role, 38 hours per week
Salary Range: $70429.62 to $81850.07 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. Join us and you’ll be part of a tribe of people committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
Reporting to the Ranger Coordinator the role of Ranger is to enforce legislation and policy to ensure council provides best practice compliance services that protect and enhance the environment and the safety of the community.
• Provide a high quality investigation service in relation to companion animals and other Ranger functions.
• Issue notices, orders and penalty notices and undertake prosecutions in accordance with legislation and council policy.
• Actively promote and support responsible pet ownership across the community.
• Provide information to the community in relation to animal management and other Ranger matters.
• Undertake proactive patrols to ensure compliance with legislation.
• Undertake all Ranger functions including those concerning: animals, abandoned vehicles, pollution events, unauthorised development and development sites, boat trailers, impounding, burning off, and parking and traffic enforcement.
• To always deliver the highest quality service by being professional, courteous and respectful to all parties when undertaking duties.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Michael Davey on 02 8495 6307 during business hours
- Applications close on 21/08/2022