OOSH Childcare Worker – Certificate III
Closes: 27 May
JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Out Of School Hours (OOSH) Childcare Worker - Certificate III to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
WHY JOIN US?
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
Our people are passionate, hardworking and give 110%. Each person brings their unique background and contributes to moving us forward and making an impact to the Singleton community. To succeed in this role, you will possess:
- Certificate III in Children’s Services
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- First Aid Certificate, including anaphylaxis and asthma training
- Demonstrated experience in implementing interests and skills based programs in a child care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build a rapport and communicate effectively with children.
Demonstrated experience working with children living with disabilities or special needs will be highly regarded.
Singleton Council is committed to a risk-based approach to ensuring we provide a safe place of work for our staff and visitors. Singleton Council require all employees to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 and therefore it is important that we understand your vaccination status.
The position is offered on a part-time basis working 27.5 hours per week, split shifts during school terms and up to 38 hours in school holidays. Remuneration for the position is based on Grade 7 of the salary system and from $41,953 to $47,192 annum based on hours of work plus superannuation.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
Apply now! Closing Date: 27 May 2022