On Site Sewer Management/Plumbing and Drainage Regulation Inspector
Closes: 29 May
About the role
Reporting to the Team Leader Public Health and Environment, this role will be primarily responsible for undertaking inspections of On-site sewage management systems and assist with the inspection of plumbing and drainage installations.
The role has responsibility for the delivery of Council's On-site Onsite Sewage Management (OSSM) program including:
- Undertaking inspections of OSSM systems
- Investigation of unauthorised and failing OSSM's
- Educating householders on how to best manage their system
- Assisting the OSSM officer with the assessment and approval of OSSM applications
The role will also assist with the delivery of Council's Plumbing and Drainage responsibilities as the Plumbing Regulator including:
- Assisting with undertaking plumbing and drainage inspections
- The administration of the Plumbing and Drainage Act
- Undertaking compliance functions as required under the Plumbing and Drainage Act
The ideal candidate will have a relevant trade or qualification in a direct or related field with a demonstrated understanding of the operation and maintenance of on-site sewage management systems (OSSM's) and plumbing and drainage including:
- Knowledge of waste water systems
- Knowledge of site and soil constraints in relation to OSSM's
- Knowledge of legislation relating to OSSM's
- Knowledge of plumbing and drainage installations
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory environment
The successful candidate will hold the following tickets/licences:
- National Construction Induction Certification (Whitecard)
- Class C driver's licence
Your high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once, will prove essential to your success in this role.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- This is a full time permanent role, 35 hours per week, we encourage flexible work arrangements so that you can shape your work life balance.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options.
Starting salary of around $74,400 plus super.
All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council's Enterprise Agreement and the NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
- Enquiries: email@example.com Tel (02) 6648-4679
- Please note applications must be submitted via Council Careers page and close 9pm AEST on the closing date
Please note: A talent pool may be created from this campaign for both permanent and temporary positions in the future.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background.