Media and Communication Officer
Closes: 10 Aug
- Dynamic Work Environment in a spectacular location
- Excellent remuneration package
- Outstanding career opportunity
- Diverse and supportive work team
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Media and Communication Officer to join the Corporate Services Department of Barkly Regional Council.
About the role
As the Media and Communication Officer full-time based in Tennant Creek, you will develop and implement a high-level media and communication strategy to build and enhance the positive image of the Barkly Region and the Council and the whole of Barkly Region.
You will also coordinate events and projects within the Region on behalf of the Barkly Regional Council and collaborate with stakeholders and non-government organisations.
What we need from you:
- Experience in Media and Communications
- Degree in Journalism or similar will be preferred.
- High-quality strategy media/ ministerial and advisory brief writing.
- Exceptional communication skills- both written and verbal
- Strong capability in IT with high skill in computer software packages, including Microsoft Publisher
This position is responsible for ensuring that the Barkly Regional Council's image and reputation are maintained and enhanced as an efficient, effective, accountable and responsive organisation through high-quality communications.
Does this sound like you?
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to ensure that tight deadlines are met, and allocated tasks are completed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with a degree of flexibility within a changing work environment
- Ability to work within a team environment whilst also producing results working independently
- Local Government experience would be highly regarded
- The ability to be self-directed and self-managed
- Demonstrated experience in web design and web maintenance
- Energy, positivity, and the ability to build rapport quickly
A few points to consider:
- You need to be eligible to work in Australia
- Be happy to complete a Criminal History Check
- Be able to secure a Working with Children Check
Be part of something bigger
At Barkly Regional Council, we support your career. Ready to join our team? Click Apply. For more information about this role and the innovative suite of benefits on offer, Click and Download the Position Description https://barklyregionalcouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au/joblist/downloadpdf/5937743 or contact our recruitment team via:
https://barklyregionalcouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5937743.
We look forward to hearing from you.
It is a mandatory requirement that all council staff are fully vaccinated against covid-19.
At Council, we value diversity. Suitably qualified local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.