Closes: 31 May
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About City Presentation
City Presentation delivers a range of services that provide clean, well-presented public spaces in the Penrith Local Government Area. Comprising over 200 qualified and driven staff, areas of opportunity for employment include civil construction and works, horticulture and landscaping, fleet management and workshop servicing, trades and public cleansing and maintenance.
Our team ensures that Council spaces are well maintained and always ready for use by our residents, are sustainable into the future, and significant assets, community buildings, roads, drainage, fleet, parks and open spaces provide the required level of service in a cost-effective manner for present and future residents.
In City Presentation, we seek staff who are organised, take pride in their work, and are willing to go that little bit further to ensure the little details make their work speak for itself. We encourage personal and professional development, and pride ourselves on a culture that encourages staff contribution and involvement.
About the Role
We are currently seeking 2x Mechanics in joining our Workshop team on a permanent full-time basis. Proactively build upon your existing industry experience with this unique opportunity. You will be responsible for the effective maintenance and repairs of Council’s diverse vehicle and plant fleet. Our Workshop team carries out maintenance, refuelling, repairs and registration on a wide variety of cars, trucks and tractors.
We have 1x vacancy based in our morning shift team and 1x vacancy based in our afternoon shift team. Please see hours of work below. This position operates on a 76-hour fortnight with a Rostered Day Off once a fortnight.
- Morning Shift – Between 6:00am and 3:00pm
- Afternoon Shift – Between 2:00pm and 11:00pm
- TAFE Certificate of Trade in the Automotive Mechanics field
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Sound experience as a Mechanic in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry
- Understanding of, and experience with, preventative maintenance programs
- Understanding of, and experience with, investigation, costing and reporting of faults/repairs
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, WHS and EEO principles
- Current Class MR Driver Licence
- Current Motor Mechanic Tradesperson Certificate as issued from NSW Fair Trading
- Forklift Licence
- RMS Light Vehicle Examiners Certificate
- RMS Heavy Vehicle Examiners Certificate
- Experience in heavy plant maintenance and repairs
Commencing Salary: $69,186.00 - $80,086.00 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation, Adverse Working Conditions Allowance and tools allowance in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award. Mechanics on the Afternoon Shift receive an additional shift penalty commencing after 6:00pm.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Please select the link/s below to view the position description and to submit your application online.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Ian Saywell, Workshop Foreperson on 4732 7608.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.