Manager Project Services (AS334)
Closes: 31 May
Wagga Wagga City Council is one of the largest inland regional cities in NSW and currently has a number of outstanding opportunities available for experienced engineering professionals with exceptional operational, project development and delivery skills to join the organisation to assist with and drive an organisational change and growth agenda.
Our City is growing, and the organisation is preparing to support this growth. Our population is forecast to increase by over 21 per cent by 2036. Our prime location between Sydney, Melbourne, and Canberra, combined with an increase in business and industry as well as affordable prime industrial land, has attracted a number of Federal and State Government major infrastructure projects such as Inland Rail and the Wagga Wagga Special Activation Precinct.
Have you thought about a career in Wagga Wagga? Click here: Wagga Wagga: where you’ll work to live.
The Manager Project Services is responsible for leading the Project Services Division in the client engagement, scope development, governance & administration, delivery and reporting of Council’s projects portfolio to meet quality, cost, and time specifications.
The ideal applicants will bring to this position demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams across multiple, high-risk worksites with the ability to effectively lead an agenda of cultural change.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all functional areas of the Division, including the development and maintenance of divisional budgets.
- Managing Council’s portfolio of projects ensuring defined performance, financial and timeframe requirements ach achieved.
- Undertaking contract management for the delivery of engineering projects.
- Providing update, advice, and decision-support to key stakeholders on portfolio performance.
- Leading, mentoring and coaching the Project Services Team in order to deliver high quality outcomes and services to the community and to ensure an integrated and collaborative workforce.
- Ensuring a proactive Work Health & Safety culture is adopted across the division.
What we will offer:
- An attractive remuneration in accordance with skills and experience
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- The opportunity to further develop your career with a large regional Council with enviable and diverse projects already in motion or coming online
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for experienced professionals with:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Project Management and Civil Engineering
- Substantial experience (10 years or more), skills and knowledge relevant to the role.
- Extensive financial management experience i.e., budget controls, estimations, resource planning and project management.
Extensive leadership experience including the ability to effectively manage staff performance and to develop and maintain a positive workplace culture. This will require excellent communication and engagement skills at all levels across the organisation as well as externally.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people within our workplace. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Wagga Wagga City Council or provide evidence of an authorised medical exemption.
Applications close Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11.59pm AEDST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 6 June 2022.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact the Projects Division of Council on 02 6926 9280.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.