Closes: 23 May
Two (2) Permanent Full-time Positions Available
Are you hard working, motivated and enjoy Wagga’s outdoor climate? If so, Wagga Wagga City Council has an opening that may just suit you.
- Remuneration package of $1,918.82 gross per fortnight with the opportunity to progress to $2,302.58 gross per fortnight + superannuation.
- Access to Council’s nine (9) day fortnight arrangement.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
Your new role:
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking reliable labourers to work within our construction and maintenance teams. This is an ideal opportunity for someone accustomed to hands on work, looking for a job that has variety and gives you access to great training and career development options.
Duties of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Culvert maintenance
- Pipe laying
- Concreting works
- Traffic control
- Bitumen and hot-mix patching
- Pavement stabilisation plus a variety of other labouring duties.
What you will need to succeed:
- A current General Construction Induction Training Card (White card)
- A current Class C Driver’s Licence (Minimum)
- Q-Fever Immunisation
- Applicants must be punctual, enjoy working outdoors and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people within our workplace. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Wagga Wagga City Council or provide evidence of an authorised medical exemption.
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 23 May 2022 at 11.59pm AEDST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 30 May 2022.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Robert Wiggins on 02 6971 4638 or 0419 612 625.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://wagga.pulsesoftware.com/Pulse/jobs
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.