City of Palmerston
Posted: 04 Aug
Closes: 18 Aug
Closes: 18 Aug
Palmerston, Northern Territory
- Modern, dynamic and contemporary working environment
- 3-year opportunity, Level 5 ($83,857.72 - $86,478.90 + plus Super)
- Six weeks annual leave! Plus wide range of employee benefits!
What we can offer you
This is a full-time, 3 year opportunity within the Finance and Governance team. We offer six weeks annual leave, weekly fruit baskets, discounted gym membership with Belgravia Leisure, and more attractive employee benefits. City of Palmerston provides a team-oriented work environment and will encourage and support your professional development. Relocation assistance is available for this role and we would love to welcome you to our City!
About the opportunity
The City of Palmerston is a young, vibrant regional hub with a fast-growing future. Many young families call the city home, along with defence personnel and a range of local businesses. This is an amazing place to grow your career.
The focus of this role will be on the delivery of services and programs across a multi-disciplinary organisation and Directorates. It requires a person who is experienced, calm, flexible, people and client focused, well organised, and able to work under pressure. Working with the Governance Manager assist with the leadership and management of programs and services that contribute to the delivery of the City of Palmerston Community Plan including:
- Records and Information Management and Governance
- Records and Information Policy
- Freedom of Information
We are looking for someone who possess the following:
- Knowledge of, or ability to obtain knowledge of, Local Government Act 2019, Northern Territory of Australia Information Act 2002, and records management best practice
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in principles and managing, undertaking, and delivering information and records practices and systems, and evaluating risks and business control practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of electronic records management techniques including retrieval, archiving and storage.
- Developed communication skills including the ability to convey and impart information in an easy-to understand format including verbal and written with people at all levels
- A demonstrated ability to provide support to corporate governance, Freedom of Information requirements of a government organisation.
At City of Palmerston we deeply value our diverse workforce including people with lived experience of disability, those who identify as LGBTQIA+, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and older people. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and individuals from CALD and other diverse backgrounds.
To view a copy of the position description and to 'Apply' please see below.
Applications Close: 5pm Wednesday, 17 August 2022
For information on submitting your application click here: Applying for a position