City of Palmerston
Information Technology and Assets Manager
Posted: 22 Jul
Closes: 16 Aug
Closes: 16 Aug
Palmerston, Northern Territory
- Modern, dynamic and contemporary working environment
- Full time 3 year limited tenure position with 6 weeks annual leave
- Deliver exciting projects for our community
If you are interested in applying for this role please visit the Blackadder website via the link at the bottom of this advert.
This leadership role leads and manages the strategic and operational directions of the Information and Technology and the Asset Management functions. As a forward-thinking and innovative leader, providing effective leadership and management to the team.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the selection and implementation of new software technologies.
- To participate as a member of the Directorate and Senior Leadership Team, and promote cooperation, collaboration, coordination, and the sharing of information between departments in pursuit of the Community Plan vision and outcomes.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff on the Community Plan, helping staff make connections between their roles, customer experiences and the Palmerston community.
- Foster collaborative relationships while promoting an effective customer-centric focus and behaviours.
- Contribute to the overall culture of the organisation by making positive contributions to enhance satisfaction, develop accountability and empower staff.
- Ensure staff are knowledgeable about key performance requirements and provide a framework for accountability and achievement.
- Apply effective and contemporary human resource management practices, that enhance high productivity and morale and develop strong teams and encourage staff development.
- Provide leadership in developing and promoting a learning organisation focused on its people, the organisational culture and quality continuous improvement and learning initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational plans for services and programs responding to priorities outlined in the Community Plan, current community demand, Council and Government policy and relevant best practice evidence.
- Provide the Director with strategic advice, informed reports, policies, and business plans as required.
- Ensure the provision of support for the development of relevant policy that supports Councils strategic objectives.
- Prepare and present high quality and informed reports to Council and implement Council decisions in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop, implement, and monitor budget areas of responsibility.
- Assist with the development of budgets and programs based on asset management principles, including Council’s Ten Year Capital Works Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in the implementation of ERP systems.
- IT/Technical Project management experience.
- Roadmap planning and execution.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in information technology, computer science or information management, or other relevant discipline combined with at least three years’ relevant experience, with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and strategically influence diverse and dynamic teams and contribute to an innovative and positive working environment that motivates and supports people to achieve high levels of performance.
- Proven recent experience in strategic digital and information innovation, policies, practices, and development.
- Strong recent experience working in information, records, and technology fields with emphasis on innovation and compliance to legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Proven organisational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual, and diagnostic skills to develop practical and innovative solutions to individual and organisational challenges.
- A focus on achieving customer-centric results, with an ability to establish clear, specific goals and objectives and to monitor progress towards those ends, taking corrective action, as necessary.
- Sound knowledge and awareness of social, economic, environmental, cultural, and political issues impacting on programs and service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of services, projects and programs across the areas of responsibility.
- Sound knowledge of financial and human resource management.
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to convey and impart complex information in an easy-to-understand format including verbal, written, public presentation and negotiating skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships.
Please visit blackadderassoc.com.au/current_vacancy to obtain a detailed Information Package about the role and the Application Form. Once you have read these please contact John Oberhardt on 0411 869 110 for a confidential discussion regarding the position.
Applications close: 9:00am Monday 15 August 2022
Only those with the right to work in Australia need apply