IT Business Analyst
Closes: 20 Aug
Salary from $99,240.96 to $118,503.04 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
+ $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 71,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD (Central Business Districts).
Information Technology in North Sydney Council aims to ensure the efficient planning, implementation, and application of information technology to support the Council’s service delivery, in line with the North Sydney Council Community Strategic Plan.
We are looking for a strategic and results driven Business Analyst within the Information Technology team. You will review and undertake a critical analysis of the councils’ services, processes, and information needs to identify changes that lead to business improvements and business value.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, communication skills and adept Project Management experience with a team environment.
Please note; up to two days work from home may be negotiated.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline including relevant industry certifications, with demonstrated experience in a Business Analyst or Project Management role for a medium size public or private organisation
- Strong interpersonal, consultation and negotiation skills with the ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders, external Vendor Partners, and internal IT Teams.
- Proven experience in analysing and mapping business processes, including the formal representation of use cases and workflows
- Extensive experience applying business analysis techniques to effectively determine stakeholder objectives
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects, identify and manage risks and ensure on-time delivery, within budget and to customer satisfaction
- Excellent writing and documentation skills with demonstrated experience in preparing high quality project documentation including business and functional requirements, performance reports, project plans, process flows, and business cases
- PRINCE2, PMBOK or Scrum Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Local Government experience across applications and infrastructure
- Experience organising project user groups and positively influencing participation and outcomes
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
- North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to the Fitness Passport
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
In accordance with the requirements of this role, a National Police Clearance will be required as part of the Recruitment process.
*Agencies are welcome to apply*
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 19 August 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.