Closes: 30 May
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
Kiama Council has established a new Infrastructure Planning Unit within the Design and Development Team comprising this Infrastructure Engineer position as the Unit Leader and an Asset Information Officer position. Both positions are newly established and this position provides an exciting opportunity to bring your strategic asset management and information management experience, knowledge and passion to Council and work as part of this newly founded team to help Council move forward in the effective planning and management of our infrastructure assets.
This position of Infrastructure Engineer leads the Infrastructure Planning Unit of Council, responsible for the effective planning of Council infrastructure asset management strategies, plans and programs to support Council’s Community Strategic Plan and Delivery Program.
The position will possess high level technical knowledge and experience while undertaking and coordinating the position’s principal duties and responsibilities. It will use best practice asset management principles to assist with capturing assets, valuing assets, monitoring the condition of assets, reviewing asset management plans, and developing capital works and schedules maintenance programs.
The position will also coordinate Council’s statutory reporting requirements for assets while promoting a professional, high-functioning and collaborative culture within the unit.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree qualifications in Civil Engineering, Asset Management or related discipline
- Strong research, data collection and analytical skills and ability to develop asset related plans, programs and policies
- Comprehensive understanding of integrated planning and reporting requirements and procedures in a local government context
- Demonstrated considerable experience in infrastructure asset management and the ability to prepare, critically analyse and manage budgets
- The ability to use and present information effectively to inform strategic decision making to further innovation and continuous improvement
- Competence with a range of programs including the MS Office suite and contemporary asset management information systems.
You will have strong project management skills with the ability to build and sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders. You will be able to manage multiple projects, achieving strict deadlines and utilising your effective communication skills to keep stakeholders engaged. You will be experienced in the oversight and coordination of staff and resources to facilitate efficiency in project delivery.
- Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
- Access to flexi-time in accordance with Council's accrued time clock protocol
- Annual salary from $82,966.50 to $98,134.40 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- plus 3.5% civil liability allowance
- plus leaseback vehicle for operational and private use
- plus 10% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Darren Brady, Manager Design and Development on 4232 0463.
Closing Date: Sunday 29 May 2022, 11:30pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.