Heavy Vehicle Mechanic x 2 Taree and Gloucester
Closes: 30 May
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important asset and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre has relocated to a brand-new state of the art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you:
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Opportunities
Both positions sit within the Community Spaces area and are responsible for the effective and efficient mechanical repairs to Councils fleet and plant (light and heavy).
We are looking for proactive outcome focused people who have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will have a minimum of 3 to 4 years experience in heavy vehicle and plant mechanics and have a solid understanding of WH&S principles.
In order to be successful in this position you will require:
- Trade qualifications in heavy vehicle / plant mechanics or similar and the holder of a MVRIA license.
- Motor Vehicles Inspectors Certificate (desirable)
- Class MR drivers license
The package: Commencing salary package circa $58,000 p.a. plus superannuation.
Location: Upon commencement your normal place of work will be either:
- MidCoast Council Depot located at Arkwright Crescent, Taree or
- MidCoast Council Depot Oak Street, Gloucester.
You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each question in a separate Word document and once complete, copy each response to the relevant question on the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Candice Plevey, Human Resources Officer on 02 7955 7107
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Michael Cross, Trades Manager on 02 7955 7748
Closing date: Sunday 29 May at 11.30 pm.