Group Leaders- Gwydir Day Care & Preschool
Closes: 25 May
Moree Plains Shire Council is seeking two highly motivated individuals to join the Gwydir Day Care and Preschool Team.
- Permanent full time – 38 hours per week
- Location - Moree
- Attractive salary ranging from $66,334 - $73,238 (inclusive of superannuation) depending on qualifications and experience
- Rostered Day off every 3 weeks - an extra 17 days off a year!
- Consideration of flexible work hours.
About the role
As a Group Leader you will be required to be an active leader of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
Further details about the roles can be found in the position description.
Council is looking for someone who has the following qualities, experience and/or qualifications:
- You will need to hold a minimum of a Diploma in Early Childhood Education Care.
- A current NSW Working with Children Check Clearance.
- A current First Aid Certificate.
- Prior experience working with young children with the demonstrated ability to relate in a positive and caring manner and meet the individual needs of children ranging in ages 8 weeks to 5 years.
- Effective supervisory and organisational skills.
Please note: Applicants who hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood Teaching or equivalent or who are actively working towards this are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply, please visit www.mpsc.nsw.gov.au and address the selection criteria. All applications must be made online only.
To maximise your chance of gaining an interview for this position, it is important that you address the essential and desirable criteria. To find out more, please read Moree Plains Shire Council's guidelines & Checklist for job applicants.
Positions close at 4.00pm Wednesday 25 May 2022.
Further information regarding the online application process may be obtained by contacting Council’s Human Resources Team on (02) 67 573 234 or via email email@example.com
Our commitment to safety
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to safety. A pre-employment health check and a three-month probationary period apply to all positions. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol screening at the pre-employment health screening and random testing will occur throughout the probationary period.
On 23 September 2021 the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021 also came into effect, requiring all early childhood education care (ECEC) staff across the state to be fully vaccinated by 8 November 2021. As a result it is a requirement of this position that anyone applying be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and also willing to maintain regular immunisation as outlined in the position description.
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.