Group Fitness Instructors – Casual
Closes: 06 Mar
"YOU COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
Location: Central Coast Council Leisure Centres NSW
- Deliver quality fitness programs across the Coast and help achieve our community fitness goals!
- Our team values adaptable, flexible and team oriented people who focus on quality customer experiences
- Casual position up to 38 hours per week
- Salary $60.45 per normal class (includes 25% casual loading) + 10% superannuation. Penalty rates apply for weekend work.
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
In this casual role you will be part of our passionate Health and Fitness Crew who take pride in working together to enhance the fitness of Central Coast Council residents and guests. Along with your expertise in developing and delivering quality group fitness classes and programs, you will demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and a customer centric approach which ensures clients are able to meet their fitness goals in a safe and supportive environment.
The successful applicants will be employed on a casual basis and placed on a relief staff list that circulates to all of Central Coast Council’s Leisure Centres. Casual staff should be available for various shifts from Monday to Sunday between the hours of 6.00am and 9.00pm.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Deliver high quality fitness classes to enable participants to achieve their personal development goals and improve the health and fitness of the community;
- Ensure participant safety at all times through provision of safe activities and continual surveillance of fitness class members;
- Maintain excellent and ongoing customer focus within the business, to ensure a positive experience for all users.
Essential requirements include:
- Registered Fitness Professional – Group Exercise Leader or Aqua, GEL or equivalent;
- Current Provide First Aid qualification (HLTAID003 / HLTAID011);
- Current Provide Resuscitation Certificate (CPR) (HLTAID001 / HLTAID009);
- Working with Children Check Clearance Number or Application Number as per Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013, or willingness to obtain prior to any offer of employment;
- Demonstrated experience delivering group fitness classes or programs;
- Demonstrated ability to participate and actively contribute in a team environment to achieve organisational goals and outcomes;
- Strong customer service ethos and a demonstrated customer-centric approach to service provision;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with other staff and members of the public both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and commitment to work across multiple work locations and across the spread of hours 6am – 9pm Monday to Sunday.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement with Central Coast Council.
It is the responsibility of successful applicants to undertake a course of Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccinations or to demonstrate their immunity prior to commencement of employment.
Enquiries: Sally Hyslop - Team Leader Fitness and Sport - Ph: 0407 492 702.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
To download the Position Description please click here.
To download our Privacy Statement please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's 11 Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer time-slot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the Library enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without leaving the system as your application will not be saved.
** It is recommended that you review the questions and prepare your responses in a Word document or similar before commencing your on-line application. Your responses will not be saved if you encounter any problems submitting your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing email@example.com or phone 0409 601 161 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist 'firstname.lastname@example.org' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.