Finance Officer (Rates) (CS166)
Closes: 23 May
Wagga Wagga City Council is currently seeking motivated individual to join the Chief Financial Office in the role of Finance Officer (Rates). This role plays an important role in ensuring the City’s property rates and charges revenue is raised and managed.
What we will offer you:
- Commencing salary at $2,458.54 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $2,950.25 gpf + superannuation.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement.
Your new role:
As the Finance Officer (Rates) you will be responsible for delivering high quality customer service and effective revenue and rates processing services.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Processing and issuing of annual rates levy and quarterly instalment notices including electronic processing of Council and Department of Housing rate notices; electronic annual pension confirmation files to Centrelink; and supplementary listings and general revaluations from Department of Lands (Valuer General);
- Producing correspondence, property and rating reports, monthly reports, reconciliations, and other statutory returns, including reports and documentation requested by Council’s auditors.
- Processing rates adjustments, journals, and refunds; farmland applications, categorisation of lands; and garbage collections to rateable properties.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone who:
- Has business administration experience.
- Is proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Is a supportive and willing team member with a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
Experience in rating and billing software packages would be advantageous but is not essential for the role as the required training will be provided to the successful applicant.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Craig Katsoolis on 02 6926 9471.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people within our workplace. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Wagga Wagga City Council or provide evidence of an authorised medical exemption.
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 23 May 2022 at 11:59pm AEDST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 6 June 2022.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://wagga.pulsesoftware.com/Pulse/jobs
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.