Field Operator (General)
Closes: 31 Aug
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 76 hours per fortnight
- the package: $52,026 - $62,042 plus superannuation, per annum
- location - Maclean
- 9 day fortnight
- access to fitness passport
About the role
Are you interested in improving the infrastructure within your community? Are you willing to learn new skills and help out your team members? This could be the job for you!
We have a vacancy in our Civil Services team for people interested in operating plant and equipment. Council has a large fleet of construction plant from graders and everything in between. We deliver a large amount of road construction and maintenance work every year. The Field Operator (General) position offers you the chance to operate this equipment on a diverse array of activities in an organisation that values you and is willing to invest in your skills and experience. The role requires that your equipment is kept in good condition and operational at all times and will require you to help out with other duties such as labouring and traffic control from time to time.
We are looking for a person with experience in the operation of construction plant and who are also willing to learn new skills and have an enthusiastic attitude.
Download the position description here.
Ben Burbidge, Foreman Capital Works on 0497 432 661
Tuesday, 30 August 2022 at 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Townsend Depot, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.