Expressions of Interest – Customer Contact Officers (casual)
Closes: 01 Oct
Expressions of Interest - Customer Contact Officers (casual)
It is important to note that by submitting an application you are expressing an interest only for working within the Contact Centre for Gympie Regional Council. Applications will be assessed on skills and experience that meet the mandatory requirements for this position. When a casual vacancy arises, Council will draw from this pool of submissions and may make contact with you.
Remuneration: Casual hourly rate commencing at $34.48 (plus casual loading) plus superannuation
Closing Date: Friday 30 September 2022 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest for experienced customer service professionals to fill casual vacancies within our Customer Contact Section as they arise. By submitting your interest, this will create a pool of professionals that can be contacted at any time. This pool will remain current until 30 September 2022.
The Customer Contact team provides support to both internal and external customers. The section delivers a high quality and positive customer service experience, answering inbound enquiries through multiple service channels, including phone, email or online. Our team is based in various offices, providing professional face-to-face and call centre customer service.
Applicants would need to be available between the hours of 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday to meet the needs of the roster, days and hours of work will change weekly. There are no set weekly working hours for these positions, but there will be an opportunity for increased hours during peak periods and to cover periods of leave.
As this is an entry level position to Council, recent high school graduates are encouraged to apply.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who are passionate about customer service, enjoy the challenge of solving problems, are resilient and highly motivated and committed to working in a fast-paced customer contact environment.
In addition the above, applicants will also have:
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and active listening communication skills with the ability to relate and adapt to internal and external customers at all levels either face to face, via the telephone or online.
- Demonstrated cash handling experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a high demand customer service environment with skills/training/experience in conflict management/resolution, managing difficult behaviours or similar.
- Ability to understand and apply policies and procedures when responding to customer requests to ensure the provision of excellent customer service in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously or cooperatively in an integrated team environment by developing effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- A commitment to ongoing development by taking a proactive approach to continually improving skills and abilities.
- Experience or exposure to customer request management (CRM) systems and practices.
Although not mandatory for this position, the following would be advantageous:
- Formal qualification in business, customer service or related field.
- Experience in a fast paced operational contact centre environment.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role or for assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources, on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
How to express your interest
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Friday 30 September 2022 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.