Educator Early Childhood Teachers – Casual
Closes: 06 Mar
"YOU COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
Location: Central Coast Council Childcare Centres
- Open up your career options with Central Coast Council's diverse child care community
- Join our experienced and passionate teams and access great mentors
- Casual positions available with work across the Central Coast
- Salary $44.69 per hour (includes 25% casual loading) + superannuation
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
These opportunities will suit enthusiastic, positive and team oriented child care educators who are capable of delivering quality education and care, and enjoy building sound connections with staff, children and families, becoming a valuable and positive influence within their centre. The successful candidates will work as part of the team to provide creative educational programs which meet the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) learning outcomes, and respond to the individual needs and interests of children.
Successful applicants will be employed on a casual day-to-day basis and could be working at any of our Child Centres across the Coast from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. Our Casuals have a great opportunity to get to know all of our teams from Umina to Northlakes, and enjoy variety in their tasks, teams and days and times worked.
Key activities of this role include:
- Become a valuable part of the team and assist in the delivery of quality education and care programs in accordance with National Quality Framework/CCC’s policies and procedures;
- Offer great ideas to keep our activities fresh and relevant;
- Build relationships with children, families and carers to make them feel welcome and connected in our education and care community;
- Take a responsible and professional approach to supervision of children and their overall wellbeing;
- Complete relevant documentation and administration associated with the position.
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education combined with ongoing professional development;
- Provisional or Proficient Teacher Accreditation;
- Current Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk Accreditation
- Current Working with Children Check;
- Demonstrated experience working in a long day care centre with children between the ages of six weeks and five years and knowledge of early childhood practices and legislation;
- Strong leadership skills, including a high level of organisational skill, a commitment to the provision of quality customer service, promotion of a professional image on behalf of Central Coast Council and the ability to respect diversity;
- Working knowledge of legislative requirements relating to Early Childhood Education and Care and Child Protection;
- Ability to build effective relationships with staff, children, families and other stakeholders, including the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
- Ability to be flexible with working hours within core Centre operating times due to legislative staffing ratios.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a great team of mentors who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development.
Applicants will be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B, Tetanus (Boostrix), MMR and Varicella or demonstrate their immunity. CMV screening will also be required.
In accordance with the NSW Government Health Order it is mandatory and a condition of employment in Child Care that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide evidence that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Kylie Payne, Section Manager Education and Care on ph: 0408 229 857
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
To download the Position Description please click here.
To download our Privacy Statement please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's 11 Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer time-slot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the Library enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without leaving the system as your application will not be saved.
** It is recommended that you review the questions and prepare your responses in a Word document or similar before commencing your on-line application. Your responses will not be saved if you encounter any problems submitting your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing email@example.com or phone 0409 601 161 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist 'firstname.lastname@example.org' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.