Economic Development Coordinator
Closes: 29 May
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to around 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on achieving our organisational goals and making strategic choices to ensure we have a sustainable future. Kiama Council is committed to moving forward and investing in our most valuable asset - our people - by assisting staff to achieve their professional and personal goals.
In the role of Economic Development Coordinator you will implement the Economic and Employment Strategy. You will work to provide an effective link between local business, Council and Government agencies to enhance existing businesses and attract new business to the Kiama Municipality.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline
- Knowledge of Government programs for the assistance of business
- Good research skills
- The demonstrated ability to bring about partnerships between various Government agencies, business and community groups
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Well developed computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office products
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
You will have well developed time management skills with the ability to manage your workload without close supervision. Your written and verbal communication skills will be superior and allow you to effectively establish positive partnerships.
- Permanent part time, 28 hours per week
- Annual salary from $66,372.79 to $70,707.51 calculated on a 28 hour working week (salary is dependent on qualifications, skills and experience)
- plus 10% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Jessica Rippon, Director Environmental Services on 4232 0539.
Closing Date: Sunday 29 May 2022, 11:30pm.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.