Early Childhood Teacher (Degree)
Closes: 30 May
Early Childhood Teacher
- Salary $39.35 to $45.65 per hour + super
- 25% casual loading
- Casual position – rostered shifts
About Ku-ring-gai Council
Located 16 km’s north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 124,000 residents and set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
About the role
Reporting to the Centre Director at Thomas Carlyle Children’s Centre, you will be responsible for providing high quality education and care for young children as well as a safe, stimulating, inclusive environment that values a child’s individual journey of learning and discovery.
Thomas Carlyle Children’s Centre is a well-resourced service and provides high quality education and care to 55 children aged 0- 5 years throughout the year
- Extensive experience using the Early Years Learning Framework approach and current best practice models to plan, implement and evaluate programs and activities for children age 0-5 years.
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to provide professional support, input and resources on routine and educational issues for other staff that include current best practice models
- Deliver high quality care and educational programs, ensuring a supportive and stimulating environment for the children, making sure that programs are based on children’s interests and take into account anti-bias and cross cultural perspectives
- Extensive knowledge and understanding to comply with Education and Care Services National Regulations under the children (Education and Care Services) National Law (NSW)
- Work as a member of a team and promote a cooperative teamwork approach by promoting good communication between all stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance as a mandatory reporter, which requires a report to be made where there are reasonable grounds to suspect that a child is at risk of harm.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Teaching or Education in Early Childhood Education
- NESA Teacher Accreditation
- Current Working with Children Clearance Number
- Current First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate (HLTAID004) (HLTAID012)
- Child Protection Certificate - CHCPRT001
- Experience working with children from birth to five years in a Centre-based environment
- Casual / flexible rosters
- Supportive team environment
- Uniform provided
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please contact Hiring Manager Louise Shiel on 9424 0327
Closes: 11:30pm, Monday 30 May 2022
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer