Early Childhood Educator
Closes: 10 Aug
Early Childhood Educator
Full-Time to start as soon as possible
Starting salary Band 3A - $61,912.59 p.a. (that’s $31.33 per hour) + Super + RDO
Are you looking to join an organisation that values the meaningful work that you do as an early childhood educator?
Come and join Yarra City Council as an Early Childhood Educator and experience the difference that working in a passionate and supportive team makes.
We currently have a rare opportunity for an Early Childhood Educator to join our Keele Street Children’s Centre team on a full-time basis. Keele Street Children’s Centre is an integrated long day care and Kindergarten service providing care and education for up to 37 children each day aged 3-5 years old. The centre has two large, light filled classrooms and a modern purpose-built centre with plenty of resources and access to a newly renovated open plan natural outdoor play yard. Being a small centre, our focus is on building genuine, caring relationships with children and their families. Our Bush Kinder program currently runs twice a week, providing children opportunities to learn and play in an unstructured, natural environment.
Our current service philosophy uses socio-cultural theory and the ecological model to inform our practices and curriculum decision making - that means that we believe each child is a competent and capable learner, on their own unique journey shaped by their context and family within the communities and systems that they exist within. We also believe that the early years are formative years and that quality early childhood education has the capacity to support children build strong brains, establish healthy relationships and develop a lifelong love of learning.
Early Childhood Educators employed at Yarra enjoy the generous employment conditions of the Yarra City Council Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025 including;
- Starting salary Band 3A - $61,912.58 p.a. (that’s $31.33 per hour) with annual increments,
- 2 hours non-contact time each week,
- monthly RDOs,
- additional leave entitlements including ceremonial leave and parental leave,
- exceptional professional development and career opportunities,
- recognition of service incentives,
- access to Employee Assist Program.
Yarra is a child safe organisation and as such you will understand the important role that educators play in protecting and advocating for children’s wellbeing.
To learn more about us you can watch our video HERE.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following qualifications;
• Minimum qualification Certificate 3 of Early Childhood Education and Care, (or equivalent),
• Up to date First Aid, CPR, EpiPen and asthma management qualifications,
• Valid Working with Children Check,
• Team focussed approach,
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate responsive routines and programs guided by the approved learning frameworks,
• Current mandatory reporting training, and
• You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
• At least 3 years’ experience working as an Early Childhood Educator,
• An understanding of the importance of Indigenous perspectives education,
• Bush Kinder (or other nature pedagogy) experience,
• Experience with Xplor or other online learning platform, and
• Ability to demonstrate a competent level of English, both written and spoken.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply now!
To find out more about our Long Day Care Centres, Occasional Care programs, Outside School Hours Care and Kindergartens visit us on https://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/services/family-and-children
Yarra city council is an exciting and flexible Organisation. We pride ourselves on inclusive culture and diversity. We aim to make a positive difference in people’s lives and continually improve service to the community.
For further information, please see the position description or contact Rachel Davies – Coordinator, Gold and Keele Street Children’s Centre, Rachel.Davies@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Applications close on Tuesday 9 August 2022.
In your application please note that the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, ability and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your separate responses to the questions in the application process.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, Working With Children Check, proof of COVID-19 triple vaccination and a Pre Employment Medical Assessment prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.