DOONE KENNEDY HOBART AQUATIC CENTRE – CAFE ATTENDANT (5528)
Closes: 23 Aug
Applications Close: 5.00pm Monday 22 August 2022
The City of Hobart is committed to building an inclusive community and workplace. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, abilities, ages and identities, including Aboriginal people.
This is how the role contributes to the success of the City.
3 Casual positions are available.
This role provides exceptional service to the customers visiting the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre and the Café.
Information about the Position
Classification: THAC Level 1
Salary Range: $29.64 per hour casual rate.
Please review the Position Description.
For more information about the position and what it entails contact Samantha Dobby, Senior Cafe Coordinator on (03) 6222 6993 or email email@example.com
Applications must be made online. Please do not send your application to the contact person - they are unable to action it.
When you work at the City of Hobart, You:
- Are paid above Award wages and Employer Superannuation at 12.5%.
- Have access to pro-rate long service leave after 7 years, an option to salary sacrifice to your superannuation and formal recognition of your years of Service.
- Receive a wide range of paid leave – 4 weeks annual leave attracting a 17.5% leave loading, 13 days per annum cumulative personal (sick and carers) leave, parental leave, leave without pay, compassionate leave and volunteering leave, plus other types of paid leave.
- Receive subsidised or fully supplied corporate uniform and protective clothing and equipment.
- May be entitled to a relocation assistance.
Other benefits are –
- Health and Wellness programs including gyms at each main Council site.
- An Employee Assistance Program.
- Family-Friendly Work Arrangements.
- A Learning and Development Program.
- A BUPA corporate health plan.
- Free annual flu vaccinations and Rapid Antigen Tests.
- Plus more ....
From 15 December 2021, all City of Hobart employees and visitors who enter Council workplaces will need to provide proof of vaccination status. This is either evidence of the vaccination, or an exemption certificate from a registered medical practitioner in compliance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
If you are invited for an interview, you will need to provide evidence of your vaccination status before entering a Hobart City Council workplace. If you are not vaccinated, the Recruitment Team will offer you an on-line interview.
If you are successful in gaining employment with the City of Hobart and you are not yet fully vaccinated, your contract and any employment is conditional on, and will not come into effect unless:
- you provide evidence to the Hobart City Council that you have received all of the doses of a COVID-19 vaccine registered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration that is necessary for you to be issued with a vaccination certificate issued by the Australian Immunisation Register; or
- the Hobart City Council provides you with written confirmation of an exemption.
How to apply
1. Complete the questions below.
Candidates are initially selected for interview based on the details provided in their application, including their response to each of the selection criteria (ie questions).
Your responses to the questions assist the panel to determine your depth of knowledge, skills and experience to do the role and give substance to the summary details in your resume. A Yes/No answer to the questions adds no value to your application.
Include a covering letter if it provides more information that is not contained elsewhere in your application.
- The Hobart City Council assesses all applications based on merit.
- Positions are filled, based on how well the successful candidate fits the requirements of the position (including legislative requirements such as a drivers licence).
2. Attach a mandatory resume and copies of your qualifications.
3. Click APPLY.
For more information about application lodgement email firstname.lastname@example.org