Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Closes: 02 Jun
About the Opportunity
- Permanent, Full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $73,917.45 - $85,644.52 per annum plus 10% superannuation
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community
- Located in Hurstville CBD – 5 minute walk from train station
- Take advantage of Council benefits including:
- hybrid working arrangements
- wellness perks including flu vaccinations and free counselling
- ability to partake in council’s Flex Fit Scheme including 9-day fortnight, based on operational requirements
- access to council leave entitlements including long service leave after 5 years
We currently have an opportunity for a Diversity and Inclusion Officer to join our dynamic and busy Community Capacity Building team. The successful candidate will drive community engagement and advocacy, and will be responsible for:
- Implementing and embedding Georges River Council’s Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP).
- Working directly with Council’s key community Reference Groups, including the Aboriginal Reference Group, Multicultural Reference Group and the Access and Inclusion Reference Group.
- Preparing high level reports and presentations across a range of community capacity building topics including but not limited to Executive team reports, Council reports and Notices of Motion.
- Assisting in the preparation, monitoring and review of project budgets in relation to allocated work responsibilities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- Comprehensive experience in project management.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical/intellectual access needs and experience in implementing changes that support equity
- Demonstrated understanding of issues relating to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience working with CALD communities
- Budget management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including negotiation, advocacy and conflict resolution and demonstrated ability to produce high quality correspondence, reports and presentations that require minimal editing.
- Demonstrated experience in community consultation and engagement.
- Experience working in Local Government is desirable as well as knowledge of the characteristics of Georges River local government area.
- Must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide Council with evidence of vaccination, or an accepted certified medical contraindication. Council reserves the right to confirm the validity of contraindications in accordance with NSW Health guidelines, and to direct a Worker to undertake an independent medical examination in relation to the issuance of a medical contraindication certificate.
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation with approximately 600 staff members. Our people are working to make the Georges River area an accessible, green, diverse and innovative community and economy. We are dedicated to providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture, helping protect our natural environment, and making our suburbs more liveable.
How to apply
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Skadi Nova, Coordinator Community Development on 02 9330 9576.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Wednesday 1 June 2022 at 11:30 pm AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.