Customer Service Officer – Planning
Closes: 31 May
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 per fortnight
- the package: commencing salary circa $64,013 plus superannuation per annum
- Location: Grafton
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
About the role
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service? Are you are seeking a new opportunity to apply your planning and building related knowledge while working in a strong team? A full time opportunity exists for enthusiastic and experienced individual who is focused on providing exceptional customer service.
Reporting to the Team Leader Customer Services, you will be required to provide a professional point of first contact for enquiries for planning and building related matters and are responsible for the provision of information, education and guidance relating to statutory planning and building services to customers. You will also be responsible for providing technical and administrative services to support the effective functioning of the Customer Service Centre.
The CSO Planning Officer will work closely with both the Development and Land Use Planning team as well as Customer Service to improve processes and ensure a consistent customer experience. This position is critical to ensure the Customer Service team’s responses are correct, consistent and professional and follow agreed organisational workflows and meet statutory requirements.
Download the position description here.
To be considered for this position you will need to:
- Address the essential criteria
- Attach a cover letter (2 pages maximum) and an up-to-date resume (5 pages maximum) that clearly details your skills & experience as relevant to this position. You will need to demonstrate how you meet the focus capabilities and how your skills will enable you to achieve the key accountabilities.
- Target questions - answer the target questions - maximum 300 words each question
- Describe a time when you had to explain a new process, or concept to someone with no prior knowledge of the subject. What steps did you take to support the customer through the process and what did you learn from the experience to help future, similar interactions?
- This role requires strong interpersonal skills to engage with and build rapport with customers that includes developers, builders and government agencies etc. What is your approach in building key connections with customers?
- This position is responsible for providing initial advice to customers on all development applications and planning enquiries made to Council. Could you please outline your knowledge and understanding of Council’s role under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act?
Lynette Burley, Coordinator Corporate & Customer Experience on (02) 6643 0257
Tuesday, 31st May at 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Do you want further information on how to apply under the Capability Framework? Please read our How to apply for a job guide.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.