Coordinator Development Services
Closes: 31 May
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- Permanent full time 70 hours per fortnight
- the package: salary range from $92,108 - $109,841 plus superannuation, per annum
- an additional Market Allowance may be considered for the right person
- location - Grafton or Maclean (to be negotiated)
- flexible working arrangements
- access to leaseback vehicle
About the role
Do you want a lead planning role with real influence in one of Australia's most beautiful places?
The Clarence Valley Council is looking for a Coordinator for our Development Services Team. The successful applicant will play a crucial role in managing the delivery of best-practice development outcomes across a team of town planners and development engineers.
With experience in leading high-performing teams, working across the development assessment discipline and delivering exceptional outcomes for our customers and community, you will lead the delivery of professional services across development applications, compliance and contribute to improving our planning instruments. The successful applicant will have experience under the New South Wales planning framework (or similar comparative experience), be outcomes-focused and be passionate about the creation vibrant, sustainable and connected communities.
The role encompasses a 'continual improvement' focus to our business, including development assessment reform, the use of digital systems and data, engaging proactively with community, industry and government stakeholders.
This is a highly sought after position and in very popular part of the Northern Rivers. Get your application in new and put your best foot forward!
Download the position description here.
Murray Lane, Manager Development and Land Use Planning on (02) 6643 0287
Tuesday, 31st May 2022 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton or Maclean office (to be negotiated) however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.