Community, Culture and Libraries Support Officer
Closes: 26 May
Moree Plains Shire Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Community, Culture and Libraries team
- Permanent full time – 35 hours per week
- Location - Moree
- Attractive Salary starting at $56,453 (inclusive of superannuation) depending on qualifications and experience
- Salary packaging options
- Rostered day off every 3 weeks - an extra 17 days off a year!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Support Officer is required to provide a high level of administrative and customer service support to the Community, Culture and Libraries team, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the section.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
Further details about the role can be found in the Position Description, click here.
Council is looking for someone who has the following qualities, experience and/or qualifications:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Current NSW Class C Driver Licence.
- Relevant work experience in the following areas:
- Secretarial support;
- Preparation of correspondence and reports;
- Customer service;
- Record keeping procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing situations.
HOW TO APPLY:
To maximise your chance of gaining an interview for this position, it is important that you address the essential and desirable criteria. To find out more, please read Moree Plains Shire Council's guidelines & Checklist for job applicants. All applications must be made online only.
This position closes at 4.00pm Wednesday 25th May 2022.
Further information regarding the online application process may be obtained by contacting Council’s Human Resources Team on (02) 67 573 234 or via email email@example.com
Our commitment to safety:
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to safety. A pre-employment health check and a three-month probationary period apply to all positions. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol screening at the pre-employment health screening and random testing will occur throughout the probationary period.
Moree Plains Shire Council requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment health screening and if attending an interview. Applicants with Contra Medical Indications which are NSW Health Certified will be considered based on the inherent requirements of the role.
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.