Care Service Employee – Cook
Closes: 30 May
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven Illawarra is owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council. We offer a true continuum of aged care services and a wide range of disability services for people in the Illawarra region. We provide residential aged care, in-home support, disability support and coordination, community transport and independent living.
Blue Haven require passionate, qualified, and experienced professionals to join our organisation to support our aged care clients and residents. Blue Haven Bonaira services over 1,200 clients across Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Community Transport across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au/about-us/
The successful applicant will work across Blue Haven Bonaira's kitchen and Barroul House Café. They will be required to prepare, cook and serve food to residents in a person centred manner whilst portraying the image of Blue Haven as being caring, courteous and efficient.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate III in Care Support Services or experience working in a commercial kitchen as a cook
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and residents and work as a team
- Customer service and strong communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of Infection Control in aged care
- Well presented, flexible, reliable and a self-motivated team player.
You will be well presented, reliable, flexible and a self-motivated team player committed to providing a high quality of service.
- Casual position working up to 38 hours per week
- Hourly rate of $29.40 (includes 10% casual loading)
- Plus 10% superannuation and applicable penalty rates
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Adriaan Mak, Food Services Manager on 4203 4055
Closing Date: Sunday 29 May 2022, 11:30pm
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and residents. Applicants must ensure that they meet current Federal and NSW Public Health guidelines relating to vaccinations for Residential Aged Care Facilities. Successful applicants are required to provide proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.