Care Service Employee – Cleaner
Closes: 06 Jun
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
About Blue Haven:
Blue Haven Illawarra is owned and operated by Kiama Municipal Council. We offer a true continuum of aged care services and a wide range of disability services for people in the Illawarra region. We provide residential aged care, in-home support, disability support and coordination, community transport and independent living.
Blue Haven require passionate, qualified, and experienced professionals to join our organisation to support our aged care clients and residents. Blue Haven Bonaira services over 1,200 clients across Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, Home Care Packages, Commonwealth Home Support Program and Community Transport across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
If you wish to learn more about our organisation, please visit our website at www.bluehavenillawarra.com.au/about-us/
As a Cleaner at Blue Haven you will will participate as an effective team member of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors at all times. You will ensure rooms and public areas of the care facility are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience with the use and application of cleaning equipment & chemicals
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of WH&S guidelines and practices including personal protective equipment.
You will have excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work in an efficient manner. You will be experienced in cleaning and working with minimal supervision.
- Casual role up to 38 hours per week.
- Hourly rate of $25.47 per hour (plus applicable penalties)
- plus 10% superannuation
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Joanne Brisbane, Hospitality Supervisor on 4232 1144.
Closing Date: Ongoing applications will be accepted for this role.
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and residents. Applicants must ensure that they meet current Federal and NSW Public Health guidelines relating to vaccinations for Residential Aged Care Facilities. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence | Love and Care
underpinning everything we do.