Cadet Environmental Health Officer
Closes: 01 Jun
CAREER OPPORTUNITY - CADETSHIP
Looking for a fantastic opportunity on the beautiful south coast of NSW to gain valuable on-the-job skills while completing your degree-level study?
Working with our Environmental Services Team, you will be part of the Public and Environmental Health department based in Moruya and will have the opportunity to develop skills including:
- Participating in a dynamic team that coordinates public and environmental health
- Assisting with public health programs such as food inspections, on-site sewage management systems, public swimming pools, drinking water, liquid trade waste, licencing requirements etc
- Environmental regulation including investigation of pollution incidents
- Monitoring estuary health
- Undertaking water quality monitoring and Beachwatch programs
- Working with the public on education about environmental health matters such as noise, water, air, and living conditions
You are encouraged to apply if you:
- Have commenced (or are eligible for acceptance into) relevant tertiary studies (enrolment in the Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health) with Western Sydney University, or ability to enrol in this course is a requirement for this position).
- Have an interest in science and how it plays a part in how we live together in our community
- Have an interest in local government Environment and Health management
- Have good communication and computer skills, and
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Total remuneration for this role starts at $1,789.28 per fortnight consisting of:
- $1,626.62 base salary,
- $162.66 superannuation (calculated at 10%)
The Salary level for this role is dependent on the level of study completed and experience. Benefits include full time work + financial assistance to cover study fee costs + career and salary progression + flexibility in working hours.
There may be an opportunity for progression into a permanent Environmental Health Officer position subject to satisfactory work performance and completion of tertiary studies.
A satisfactory outcome as a result of a National Criminal History Record Check is a requirement for this position.
Further details about this role are available in the Information Package.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below or go to the Eurobodalla Shire Council Vacant Positions website page if you found this vacancy via a job search website.
Applications close: 4.30pm Tuesday 31 May 2022.
Applicants found suitable through this recruitment process may be contacted for fixed term contract opportunities of less than 12 months where the position is similar in nature – meaning the position requires the same nature of duties, abilities, qualifications, experience and standard of work performance.
Please note there is no ability to save your application partway through. Please ensure you have enough time to complete your application prior to starting, by considering and preparing your answers to the selection criteria questions shown below in advance.